“People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.”
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand - they listen with the intent to reply.
Counselling is a specific type of a human relationship where the counsellor’s only purpose is to listen with sole intent to understand you, and to help you understand yourself.
HERE ARE SOME AREAS I WORK WITH
LIFE ISSUES WE DIDN'T EXPECT..
- I help people recovering from long term illness find the new meaning of life and helping them integrate their experience by simple mindfulness based exercises and meditation techniques, even if they think there is nothing good left for them to look forward to.
- I help parents of transgender children to understand and accept the transition process by offering practical information, space to talk about their worries and finding helpful ways to communicate with their child, even if they think they can never get over “losing” their son/daughter.
- I help family members who are struggling with addiction of their loved one to learn what helps, and how to maintain their sanity with practical advice and mindfulness based self-care techniques, even if they think they have already tried everything in vain.
NOT HAPPY WITH WORK?
- I help professionals who are dissatisfied or unhappy with their current job reconnect with their passions and what they do best, even if it means finding a new career. I will do it by examining various dimensions of professional life – from alignment of personal values with job’s goals, to work relationships and staying “fit for work”.
- I help young professional women who are struggling with decisions about their family life to help them find balance and fulfilment in their relationships and jobs with effective focusing techniques, even if they feel they have to choose between career and family.
I can also help you with specific problems like:
- Relationship difficulties or breakdown
- Eating disorders
I will also work with certain emotional conditions:
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling not-accepted
I can be helpful also when there is nothing wrong, but you would like to get more out of your life, or are curious about your own development.
Counselling is NOT like opening Pandora’s box of troubles and watching them flying out in an uncontrollable fashion.
It is like sitting outside shatterproof fish ball watching your issues inside with attention and taking them in and out in your own time and choosing.
With the counsellor you trust it is a safe and life changing process.
I believe that everybody is an expert in their own experience. As your counsellor I will help you find a deeper understanding of that experience and new ways of dealing with it. I use Person Centred approach, and CBT based Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy - as well as my own life experience as a professional, partner , parent, and colleague.